- Adam: "Schnitzel Center sounds like..super clinical"
- Elaine: "i know...like, 'can you please fix my schnitzel?'"
- Adam: "hahaha...Schnitzel re-panieren". hahaha.
- Elaine: * groans *
- Adam: "haha, I'm so funny. I make witty jokes in German"
- (reparieren = to fix something. panieren = the bread or dredge something before frying)
On a cold, rainy Viennese autumn day a warm oven was just what the chilly air drafting in through the windows called for!
Elaine peeled and sliced the apples, Adam mixed the wet and dry ingredients. Then we baked it. Delicious. Teamwork for the win!
The recipe we used is here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/romanian-apple-cake/detail.aspx
We recommend you slice the apples instead of cubing them, and that you replace one egg with half a can of pumpkin. (We had a half a can of pumpkin leftover, which is worth its weight in gold here)
We’ve made it previously without the pumpkin - it’s also delicious. But - pumpkin never hurts.
Registered for classes at the University of Vienna. Master’s Degree here I come!
Been running around doing things lately, so I haven’t had a chance to blog. I apologize to my frequent readers.
In other news my camera’s memory chip is full - and despite having seen the second, empty one somewhere a few days ago I can now not find it ANYWHERE.
Until then, not many posts. Sorry! [frowny face]
sorry for the lack of updates, the blog has taken second fiddle lately to getting my visa application and supporting documents in order.
So much work.